Someone has to stand for the Christian worldview today and in the future. And I don’t mean the watered down version, with tolerance at the forefront and truth on the chopping block. I mean the full biblical gospel, including every word of the scriptures, even and especially when they don’t match up with our own cultural sensitivities. Or those around us. May we always stand up for the truth even and especially when it’s unpopular. Our parents and grandparents aren’t going to be able to continue this fight. Ultimately and inevitably it’s up to young people. What I see concerns me, because so many in my generation don’t want to offend anyone. They don’t want to cause any waves. They appreciate love yes, and tolerance yes, and keeping quiet, but they don’t seem to value the tough Christian truth that makes our faith not a wish-washy relativist love salad, but a rock solid bulwark of truth claims under-girded with radical grace and love. Love under-girded with the staunchest repentance, and adherence to holiness. I hope we can find some millennials willing to stand for the full gospel and the full Christian worldview. The last thing we need is faith-centric milquetoast therapeutic deists who try desperately not to hurt anyone’s feelings, and go after others of faith who stand up for truth, calling them “intolerant and judgmental.” Instead we need brave, firm, bold followers of the biblical Jesus Christ who is the way, the truth, and the life. We need followers of Jesus Christ who aren’t willing to compromise on key issues like grace, truth, marriage, religious liberty, and holy living. Only young people can change things, but they have to do it all the way, or not at all. There isn’t any middle ground, follow Jesus all the way, through the narrow door. That’s the only way.
- Evangelicals, You need to Vote: Here’s Why
- An Appeal to Heaven: The Movement
- The Supreme Court, Same Sex Marriage, Religious Liberty
- Thoughts on Public Schooling: Should Christians homeschool their Children?
- All those who Wander are not Lost: A Study in Nothingness
- Kim Davis is only the Beginning: Prepare your Ministry for Persecution
- A Cause Worth Dying For: Materialism, Millennials, & the Authentic Mission
- What is the Truth about Abortion? Fact, Fiction, Christianity & Humanism
- Faith in the 21st Century: The Seven Key aspects of Faith
- Christian Activism: Can Christianity survive the new cultural attitudes?